Kurzick Legions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurzick Legions

The official forum of the Kurzick alliance led by Legion Of Frozen Legends

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My new Katana!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryu Kotaro [TBBL]
Leader of TBBL
Ryu Kotaro [TBBL]

My new Katana!! Empty
PostSubject: My new Katana!!   My new Katana!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 9:46 am

Just got it in the post and I'm glad I got it now. Made by Japanese swordsmith Masahiro and is original. Now I can practise my battojutsu (unscheathing the blade and cutting in 1 motion) with a live blade instead of my practice blade or bokken. cheers Pics posted below.

My new Katana!! 3

My new Katana!! 2

My new Katana!! 5
Back to top Go down
Horoathos Norn [TBBL]
Officer
Horoathos Norn [TBBL]

My new Katana!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Katana!!   My new Katana!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:48 am

omg, is that the real thing?

looks awesome, a bit shorter than i expected but still awesome...can that really cut stuff in like zero effort, it can slide practicly trough things right?

...where did u get it, how much did u pay?
Back to top Go down
http://kurzlegion.bestoforum.net
Ryu Kotaro [TBBL]
Leader of TBBL
Ryu Kotaro [TBBL]

My new Katana!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Katana!!   My new Katana!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:21 am

Yup its the real thing. Can cut through things real easy if you use the right technique, using the full edge of the blade to cut. Bought it from a swordsmith in Japan and cost me £250 at discount as it has only been folded 8 times, and is the lowest price for a katana in that range. For a fully folded katana ( I still wanna get a better one) that is folded 20 times or more can cost like £1000 or more so I'm real happy. Maybe I'll get some photos of my sai, nunchuku and ninja throwing knives and post them too sometime. And yes as you can tell I'm a real martial arts nut, been training for around 15 years or more in lots of different styles. Razz

Last edited by on Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kotaro [TBBL]
Leader of TBBL
Ryu Kotaro [TBBL]

My new Katana!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Katana!!   My new Katana!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 3:17 am

Ok so here's my set:

My new Katana!! 18012008

The bokken is top with training blade below it. My new blade is below that. My sai are to the right 2nd from bottom with my ninja blades beside them. At very bottom is my nunchaku.

A close up of my Nunchaku:

My new Katana!! 18012008001

A close up of my sai:

My new Katana!! 18012008002

and so you can see how big the blades are - another pic of my blades with my shoe (about 1 foot):

My new Katana!! 18012008003

Sorry the images are so bad but I had to take the pics with my phone camera.
Back to top Go down
Atempt [TCOC]
Officer
Atempt [TCOC]

My new Katana!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Katana!!   My new Katana!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 11:17 am

Very nice ^_~, i have a Ichigo bankai replica Very Happy If you know what that his /highfive if not google ftw Razz
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kotaro [TBBL]
Leader of TBBL
Ryu Kotaro [TBBL]

My new Katana!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Katana!!   My new Katana!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 11:40 am

I had 2 google it Razz So u like anime too... I wanted to get a rurouni kenshin sakkabatou but I can't find one that fits the requirements (not a replica). If you dunno what I'm on about google it and then watch it here or just look for rurouni kenshin or samurai x on the web. Its the best anime I've come across and I downloaded all 4 seasons and the OVA's cos I love it so much. The Japanese version is much better but you gotta watch it subbed. The american version loses half the meaning in translation.
Back to top Go down
Horoathos Norn [TBBL]
Officer
Horoathos Norn [TBBL]

My new Katana!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Katana!!   My new Katana!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:50 pm

awesome, u know i always admired japanese culture, especialy the samurai tradition, you know, code of honor and all that...

...and recently i got a wish to visit japan, but not cuz of the samurai stuff though...what do u think of the girls in japan? Very Happy Cool afro
Back to top Go down
http://kurzlegion.bestoforum.net
Ryu Kotaro [TBBL]
Leader of TBBL
Ryu Kotaro [TBBL]

My new Katana!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Katana!!   My new Katana!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:59 am

I I love you Japanese girls and Japanese culture. If I could live in any country it would be Japan or China.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My new Katana!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Katana!!   My new Katana!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new Katana!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kurzick Legions :: Welcome! :: Offtopic-
Jump to: